Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sweet Cake

     Well friends, I said I wanted to go have a play with some of the new products and that's just what I've done. I have a lot on my to-do list at the moment, and when that happens I tend to get just a bit lost. When I get a bit lost, I need to stop for a minute and have a bit of fun, which is what I did today. Trying to force the creativity out of myself to complete something using a certain set or paper is never a good idea, so I decided to put the brakes on the list and dive into something fun and relaxing. And you know what? I'm so glad I did!


     I created this card today using the Sweet Cake stamp set and Sweet Shop DSP (Designer Series Paper) from the new Summer Mini.  I used all the 2011-2013 In-Colors, which coordinate beautifully with the Sweet Shop DSP.

     The base is Pool Party cardstock, layered with Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder (which I embossed with the polka dots using the BigShot, and sponged the edges with Wisteria Wonder ink), Sweet Shop DSP (the edges of which are sewn with the Tempting Turquoise Baker's Twine), a strip of another pattern from the Sweet Shop DSP, and finally my stamped images.

     I used my In-Color markers to colour the large stamp, mainly with Wisteria Wonder but also with some Lucky Limeade for the base of the cupcake, and some Calypso Coral for the heart and the cherry. (Notice the cherries in the DSP background are also Calypso Coral!)

     After stamping, I used my blender pens to colour the white stripes in with some Lucky Limeade, and then picked up some Frost White shimmer paint with my blender pen and coloured over the Lucky Limeade so it was a sort of green sheen. I used my VersaMark pen to colour in the cherry, heart, and frosting, and put cherry scented embossing powder on the heart and cherry, and vanilla scented embossing powder and some glitter on the frosting. (The VersaMark pen allows you to colour in where you want embossing powder to stick.) Then, of course, I used my heat tool to set the powder!

     For the sentiment, I used Tempting Turquoise, Pool Party, and Calypso Coral, and cut it out and stuck it over the top with some Dimensionals. I just love how you can colour in different bits of each stamp to easily customise the images to your colour profile, it makes stamping so much fun!

So here I am again, in my happy place with my stamps, paper, ink and "blingy things."

What do you think of my card? Leave a comment!

And as always, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a ton of fun doing it and i know how creating makes one feel. That looks so nice and i bet it smells nice, too. Makes me want to get into the kitchen and bake something.

    ReplyDelete